Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Public? Private? Neither?

The previous post is a direct copy of the PM's website, which does NOT say (exactly) that the DINNER tonight is Public. So, reading the fine print, it ISN'T A PUBLIC DINNER FOLKS, you have to pay, and the guests already have their invites. (No, I haven't got one, darnnn, I just LOVE going to that sort of shindig, but my dress is at the cleaners).

Anyway, I assume the PM's speech will be made available by his office, and I will guide you to it when it appears, so you can read what he actually says.

However. He is whisking his way across the north, and has made one speech in the NWT about "Securing Canadian sovereignty in the Arctic", which will have some relevance to Yukon's economic future. I could be mistaken, the the last time a PM explicitly noticed the North, it led to a "Roads to Resources" project here in the north (that was Diefenbaker's time).

Tomorrow, the PM will tour the Jericho diamond mine near Yellowknife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home