Monday, August 21, 2006

After 2 days of silence... a note from your Blogress

Authoring a blog is like keeping a pet: you have to feed it every day (unless your pet is a snake; if so, try to imagine it's a hamster or something... work with me, here! ) Yet, I have let the poor thing down for the past couple of days.

To Explain:I have been finishing a data base of voter names in Porter Creek Centre, to make Archie's campaign more efficient. For the past (it seems like) 100 years, I have been entering telephone numbers to go with those names. Greater love hath no sister, that she crouches over a keyboard puzzling over Northwestel's Gift to the Telephone Public .... as I think, "why oh why am I doing this?"

I guess it boils down to my honest conviction that Archie and his partners in the Yukon Party really have made a positive difference for this Territory - and they deserve, really deserve, a second round as our government.

As to Archie himself, he brings to the table years of experience in the business world, not only in
Whitehorse, but also in Watson Lake and Old Crow; he knows how to negotiate good deals, and has done so as a Cabinet Minister; and he works really hard at the job. He has supported efforts to deal with Yukon's drug epidemic, as well as programs that can help out families that are having a difficult time getting by. Most important of all, he loves the Yukon, and wants it to be a great place to live, for himself and for his children, and for your children, too.

So, onward, there are a couple of comments to add to MarchForArch. I'll finish that dreadful data base TOMORROW!!
(Signed) Your Blogress

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home